I’ve been really bad with the updates recently. The project manager has started locking the house up, so we have to make arrangements now if we want to see the house. Its nice to know we are almost done, but at the same time, we are more constrained to when we can see the house. We’ve set up our final walk through and have our settlement date, December 2nd.
So two week ago we were pleasantly surprised when we drove up and our driveway was poured. During our pre-construction meeting our project manager had told us not to expect a driveway until next spring. Then during our pre-drywall meeting he said that because of the weather there was a slim possibility that they might be able to pour it; if they were able to pour it he was trying to work a deal where they would cure and seal it for us too. So that was a very pleasant surprise! Upon entering the house we noticed that much of the trim, doors, railings (with spindles) were all on the floors waiting to be attached. They had also delivered all the cabinets (although nothing had been installed yet). It was very exciting to see everything coming together. We did notice a chunk missing on one of the cabinets. I shot off a quick email to the project manager and he said he’d order a new door. This dude has been on the ball. There was a setback that week though. They detected a leak coming from the owners bathroom. They had to remove drywall and insulation in the family room to check for damage and the leak was fixed. Finally last week they started setting the stone for the fireplace.
So fast forward a week…
and we walked through the house with some of the family; to our surprise not only was the stone for the fireplace up, the cabinets were in, so were the counter tops. The range, dishwasher, and microwave had been delivered (not installed yet). We were so occupied with the family we forgot to take as many pictures this week with all the trim installed etc; you can see the progression nicely though.